hbase-user mailing list archives

From George Forman <georgeforma...@hotmail.com>
Subject hbase.regionserver.impl no longer available
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 15:51:08 GMT

I have upgraded from cdh4.x to cdh5.6.0. We use HBase RegionServer coprocessor (observer model)
for prepost for our data analysis. The coprocessor uses our proprietory statistics collection,
as well as, implementing our JMX interface to retrieve those stats. To do this we have leveraged
 hbase.regionserver.impl by providing our extension of HRegioinServer. eg: public class MyStatsHRegionServer
extends HRegionServer {...}

We are getting a NPE when the region server executes the coprocessor because I can't specify
the extended class via hbase.regionserver.impl. I have looked around at hbase classes and
can't find anything obvious that is a replacement. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to
resolve this problem?