hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Adding new node in cluster (Load balancer)
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 17:44:00 GMT
Hi Manjeet,

HBase will perform the balancing for you automatically as long as the HBase
balancer hasn't been disabled. You can check for the state of the balancer
using the hbase shell:

$ hbase shell
hbase(main):008:0> balancer_enabled
true

Assuming the balancer hasn't been turned off, that should be enough for you
to let the HBase Master re-balance the regions in the cluster to include
the new server, otherwise if the balancer is off (false) then you can
re-enable it with the "balance_switch true" command from the hbase shell.
See also the "balancer" command from the shell.

cheers,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.