hbase-user mailing list archives

From deepw <gemini.dee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pre and postReplicateLogEntries from RegionServerObserver
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 03:27:29 GMT
Thank You Ted for your super fast reply.
What I am trying to determine is the timestamp [writeTime from the WALKey]
from the Master cluster that has been successfully replicated to the Slave.
My intention is to compare this time to a certain wall clock time of
interest to guarantee that all entries written before this time stamp have
been successfully replicated to the slave cluster.

We cannot use the existing Replication Metrics [like ageOfLastShippedOp]
because there could be other tables being replicated between the two
clusters which are not of interest. My approach is if the timestamp of the
last replicated entry is ahead of the time of interest, then "all" entries
have been replicated so the entries of interest must also have been
replicated.

Please let me know if I could provide more details on the use case. I
welcome your comments on the approach as well.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards
Deepak .