hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating SQL skin on Hbase table
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 20:50:17 GMT
Hi,

I have used Phoenix to create SQL views on top of Hbase table and also
created covering engines. The issue I have noticed is that all ingestion
has to go through Phoenix otherwise Phoenix indexes will not be updated.

Another alternative has been to try Hive EXTERNAL tables on top of Hbase
table but only EXTERNAL tables are supported. I was wondering the pros and
cons of using Hive or Phoenix tables on Hbase?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.