hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manjeet Singh <manjeet.chand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Query :] hbase rebalancing the data after adding new nodes in cluster
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 05:23:54 GMT
Hi Dima,

As suggest by you not run HDFS Blancer untill I run Major compaction.
so till now what i did
I added one node with same configuration as other node are.
I did not run HDFS blancer due to this I am getting error on cloudera.
I have performed Major compation
now still I am getting error on cloudera that HDFS blancer is not enabled.
question is do I need to run HDFS blancer now?

also please let me know if possible what is the recommanded streps to add
new node in cluster.

do I need to take down time and stop Hbase and then perform these task?
second can we not add node if cases 1 is true (means need to stop hbase).

Thanks
Manjeet

--
luv all