hbase-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject A Java Client to connect to both 0.94 and 1.2.4 HBase
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 13:05:39 GMT
Hi all,
The migration from 0.94 to 1.2.4 is really a pain and  some time ago I
asked to this list if there was a way to connect to both a 0.94
cluster and a 1.2.4 cluster.

I have created a proof-of-concept project which is able to achieve my
goal but "shading" most of the 0.94 client.

This is the source code and the list of tricks to make it work:
https://github.com/eolivelli/multi-hbase

The above code simply performs a full scan from a 0.94 table and
performs puts to a 1.2.4 cluster, but I think that most of the basic
API of the 0.94 client will work and the full API of the 1.2.4 is
available.

I'm going to implement a more stable version of the client to be used
in production.

I will appreciate a lot If anyone has some time to take a look and
give me some feedback.

Cheers
Enrico Olivelli