hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manjeet Singh <manjeet.chand...@gmail.com>
Subject what is the Hbase cluster requirement as per Industry standard
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 11:46:26 GMT
Hi All,

I have below points if anyone answer it

Q1. how many hardware core required by Hbase? what is the calculation at
the end of the day one need to sure how much core it required?

Q2. what is the RAM distribution calculation on each RS, Master, Java Heap,
Client? please consider my requirement as we insert 12 GB data per day I
have applied snappy and FastDiff and perform random get/ put orations in
bulk by using Spark Job (15 min window, Max data size 4 GB and min 300 MB).

Right now All RS having 12 GB of RAM
Master having 6 GB of RAM
45 GB RAM for Spark
5% RAM free for Cloudera
java Heap 4 GB
Client 4GB

Q3. For Hbase HA zookeeper 100% required (question comes in if any
zookeeper node goes down what will happen, as it should be in odd figure)?

Q4. is their any Industry standard  configuration in one doc so I can use
for H/W sizing and RAM allocation.

Thanks
Manjeet

--