hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manjeet Singh <manjeet.chand...@gmail.com>
Subject How Hbase perform distribution of rowkey in region server
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:29:50 GMT
Hi All

My question is very simple I have created my table using pre-split
as showing below

 create 'test_table', 'CF1', SPLITS=> ['a', 'b', 'c']

and i have 4 region server
can anyone help me how hbase distribute rowkey into the regio server please
mind I am asking resion server not regions

what I am assuming

based on pre-split all region will have 3 region created on on each resion
server
if one rowkey comes say a_data1, it will go on all refion server in region
where region boundry lie in between start rowekey and end rowkey

please clear if I am on wrong assuming

Thanks
Manjeet

--