hbase-user mailing list archives

From Robert Yokota <rayok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase as a TinkerPop Graph Database
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 18:45:19 GMT
Hi Stack,

I'm not really an expert in Titan or S2Graph, but I believe user-supplied
IDs would be a big change for Titan.  As for the abstraction layer, I've
read that DataStax specifically moved away from it for DSE Graph as it
prevented them from taking advantage of store-specific features.  Also
Titan uses a wide table schema, whereas S2Graph and Zen both use a tall
table schema.  I think I prefer a tall table schema for graph databases,
especially in the context of social networks where the incident edge count
can be quite high.

I believe S2Graph is looking to implement TinkerPop, but I'm not sure when
it will be completed.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/S2GRAPH-72

Regards,
Robert