hbase-user mailing list archives

From Graham Baecher <gbaec...@hubspot.com>
Subject write performance regression in CDH 5.9?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:46:00 GMT
Hi all,

We're looking to update the HBase version we're running on our servers, but
noticed while comparing performance test results a the previous version
that Puts now seem to be slower.
Specifically, comparing HBase 1.2.0-cdh5.9.0 to 1.2.0-cdh5.8.0 using YCSB,
it looks like mean read latency is improved in cdh5.9 but mean write
latency is worse, and the net effect in a 50% read/50% write workload is a
performance degradation. FWIW, we've been testing with
`hbase.ipc.server.callqueue.type` = "deadline" on both versions.

Has anyone else using CDH 5.9.0 HBase run into this, or know what might be
the cause?

~Graham