hbase-user mailing list archives

From 张铎 <palomino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use experience and performance data of offheap from Alibaba online cluster
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2016 06:39:34 GMT
11.11 is something like the Black Friday. Almost every item on Alibaba will
discount a lot at 11.11. Alibaba earned a 1 billion revenue within 1
minute(52 seconds) and 10 billion revenue within 7 minutes(6 minutes 58
seconds) at 11.11. The Chinese people had payed more 120 billion Chinese
yuan to alibaba at 11.11. And I remember that Jeff Dean used to give a
slides that for google the amplification from user queries to the storage
system queries is also very large(I can not remember the exact number. The
slides is used to explain that hedge read is very useful for reducing
latency). So I think the peak throughput is true.

There are more than 600 million people in China that use internet. So if
they decide to do something to your system at the same time, it looks like
a DDOS to your system...

Thanks.

> Repeating my earlier question:  20*Meg* queries per second??  Just checked
> and *google* does 40*K* queries per second. Now maybe the "queries" are a
> decomposition of far fewer end-user queries that cause a fanout of backend
> queries. *But still .. *
>
> So maybe please check your numbers again.

> > The performance looks great!

> > > Opening a JIRA would be fine.
> > > This makes it easier for people to obtain the patch(es).
> > >
> > > Cheers

> > andrew.purtell@gmail.com>

> > decide

> > due to