hbase-user mailing list archives

From Phil Yang <ud1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase 1.1.1 API documentation link
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 07:06:49 GMT
For javadoc I think users need accurate api docs for the version they use,
so we may also need api docs for 0.98/1.0/1.2 and coming 1.3?

For "doc", which called HBase Book, I think only one book is good but we
may need to tell users which version does HBase starts to support for each
feature/option it mentions. For example, we may add some important options
in hbase-default.xml when we add new features, and we will update HBase
Book according to the latest hbase-default.xml. But some of them may only
in 2.0 and user may use 1.1/1.2, they may be misled by the book. Add a
"since 2.0.0" tag can help users know if a feature in the book is supported
by the released version they use, and also can encourage users to upgrade
to the new version if the feature is what they want but not included by the
version they use.

Thanks,
Phil

> Oops, sorry, actually it was me derailing the topic from javadoc to doc...
> And thanks stack for the proposal of setting up 1.1 doc, I think it'll be
> useful (Smile).
>
> However, similar to doc, there's javadoc published for 2.0 and 0.94, but
> none for other version:
> API doc for 0.94: http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/apidocs/
> API doc for 2.0: http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/
>
> Best Regards,
> Yu
>
> On 8 November 2016 at 08:30, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I think most folks are looking for javadocs, which vary considerably
> > > across minor release lines.
> > >

> > Sorry. Yes. Indeed that is what Rajeshkumar asked originally.
> >
> > As penance for my derail of the thread, let me work on putting up a link
> > 1.1. doc. this evening.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > St.Ack

> > question