hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Nigam <sumit_o...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Multi-homed hosts with Hbase
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:32:56 GMT
Hi,

I am using multi-homed kerberized hosts with hbase 0.98.

The /etc/hosts files are uniformly containing FQDNs for cluster nodes. However, region server
fails to register with master server with the error:

2016-11-17 15:05:47,700 WARN  [regionserver54723] regionserver.HRegionServer: error telling
master we are up

com.google.protobuf.ServiceException: java.io.IOException: Couldn't setup connection for INFACSDEVKERB/dvterhpdw02.devadmin.nbsdev.co.uk@DEVADMIN.NBSDEV.CO.UK
to INFACSDEVKERB/dvterhpdw03.devadmin.nbsdev.co.uk@DEVADMIN.NBSDEV.CO.UK
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient.callBlockingMethod(RpcClient.java:1679)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$BlockingRpcChannelImplementation.callBlockingMethod(RpcClient.java:1720)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.RegionServerStatusProtos$RegionServerStatusService$BlockingStub.regionServerStartup(RegionServerStatusProtos.java:8277)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.reportForDuty(HRegionServer.java:2190)
Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not found in Kerberos database (7))]
 at com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Client.evaluateChallenge(GssKrb5Client.java:211)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.HBaseSaslRpcClient.saslConnect(HBaseSaslRpcClient.java:179)

The error indicates some DNS lookup problem. So, my question is do I need to enable some config
in Hbase to allow multi-homed hosts? Also, I assume that if /etc/hosts is setup correctly,
then entries in DNS server should not matter given the order of lookup is /etc/hosts and then
DNS in my setup. I looked at some documentation and bugs (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-12954
or https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8198) which seem to indicate multi-home support
is not straight forward?

Zookeeper is not managed by Hbase. As a next step, I will dump zookeeper data from hbase shell
to see what hostnames/ fqdns are being reported by master and region server. Any other suggestions
can I try?

Thanks,

Sumit