hbase-user mailing list archives

From schausson <schaus...@softera.fr>
Subject Region server monitoring & data storage
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 08:53:13 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to monitor HBase cluster activity, in
order to check if all region servers works evenly when I try to write bulk
data from my java client application.
Is there a simple way to see that all region servers receive requests and
process data "evenly" ? Is there a way to check how/where data is stored in
HDFS by each region server/data node ?
HBase documentation
(http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/book/trouble.namenode.html#trouble.namenode.disk)
describes HDFS directory structure and I figured out that I should find one
directory per region per table in HDFS.
Unfortunately, I created my table with 11 pre-splitting regions (because my
cluster has 11 region servers/data nodes), but when I check HDFS content
after my writting operation, I can only see two sub-folders :
Example for my RAW_DATA_PARAMS_VALUES table in TEST namespace :
$ hdfs dfs -ls  /apps/hbase/data/TEST/RAW_DATA_PARAMS_VALUES/
/Found 4 items
drwx------   - hbase hdfs          0 2016-11-24 17:44
/apps/hbase/data/TEST/RAW_DATA_PARAMS_VALUES/.tabledesc
drwx------   - hbase hdfs          0 2016-11-24 17:44
/apps/hbase/data/TEST/RAW_DATA_PARAMS_VALUES/.tmp
drwx------   - hbase hdfs          0 2016-11-24 17:46
/apps/hbase/data/TEST/RAW_DATA_PARAMS_VALUES/0142431be109d6c17a45335a8d7bde7a
drwx------   - hbase hdfs          0 2016-11-24 17:46
/apps/hbase/data/TEST/RAW_DATA_PARAMS_VALUES/6dff378a2e1c351837f687caa0b642c3
/
Thanks for any help !

Regards

Sebastien