hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Begar, Veena" <veena.be...@hpe.com>
Subject Hbase Coprocessor postPut not triggered for
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 03:48:53 GMT
Hello,

We are using coprocessor feature by extending BaseRegionServer class.

In postPut method, we send a message to kafka. Soon after creating a row, we update it. We
see it triggering postPut for creating row, but for the subsequent update, it doesn't trigger
postPut method:
void createAndUpdate(.. )
{
//create new row - Hbase put method -- coprocessor's postPut is triggered
//update the row - Hbase put method -- coprocessor's postPut method is not triggered
.. . ...
}

Please let me know why postPut method is not triggered for the 2nd put call.

Thanks,
Veena.