hbase-user mailing list archives

From big data <bigdatab...@outlook.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when count hbase table
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 07:50:15 GMT
Dear all,

I've a hbase table, one row has a huge keyvalue, about 100M size.

When I execute count table in hbase shell, hbase crash to bash, and
display error like this:

hbase(main):005:0> count 'table', CACHE=>10000
Dumping heap to java_pid17735.hprof ...
Unable to create java_pid17735.hprof: 权限不够
#
# java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
# -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError="kill -9 %p"
#   Executing /bin/sh -c "kill -9 17735"...
已杀死

Meanwhile, my java client execute get operation from this table, it
hangs for a long time.

How can I adjust some parameters to support huge keyvalue?