hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Maximum size of HBase row
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 11:14:17 GMT
Hi Sreeram.,

HBase will not split a region withing a row. So if a row gets WAY to many
columns, its size can grow higher than the configured max region size.
Which, of course, is not recommended because your region will serve a
single row. If you think your row will become bigger than 1% or your max
regionsize, you are better to think about a tall design instead of a wide