hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Maximum size of HBase row
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:04:29 GMT
Hi Sreeram,

If only 0.01% of the rows are reaching 1GB, then HBase should be able to
handle that... However, there is few things you might want to keep in mind.

1) What is the distribution of those 0.01%? Any risk for most of them to
end up on the same region?
2) How is data ingested into the regions? Is that bulkloads so you can
increase the max region size?
3) How is the data going to grow? Will those 1GB rows become 10GB rows in a
year?
4) Do you have any consistency constraints forcing you to keep the wide
design?

JMS