hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Graph search
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 18:39:43 GMT
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Rohit Jain <rohit.jain@esgyn.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what is the state of Titan now that DataStax has
> abandoned it and rewrote their own graph implementation probably based on
> Cassandra?  Is there an active community for Titan on HBase that is still
> maintaining Titan?  I suppose the same community question goes for Giraph
> and S2Graph as well.

Titan dev has stalled since the acquisition. From the Aurelius group: "A
forum for discussing applied graph theory in general and TitanDB in
particular. The Aurelius team, who built TitanDB, has moved on to DataStax
to develop DSE Graph, the successor to TitanDB. Contact support for help on
DSE Graph or use StackOverflow."

An attempt at bringing what was left of the community, which seems alive
and kicking, stalled at the apache incubator [2] after a letter from
DataStax legal [1] on possible Titan futures got the attempt ruled as a
"hostile fork" (incubator doesn't do "hostile forks" in spite of strong
argument on the cited thread that this was not so in this case).

Look out for Titan showing up elsewhere but with a different name.
St.Ack

1. http://osdir.com/ml/general.incubator.apache.org/2016-09/msg00644.html
2. http://osdir.com/ml/general.incubator.apache.org/2016-09/msg00600.html