hbase-user mailing list archives

From Proust(Proust/Feng Guizhou) [Saipan] ­ <pf...@coupang.com>
Subject [In Memory] Questions about Make HBase Table In Memory
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 03:01:09 GMT
Hi, HBase Experts

I have several questions related to HBase BlockCache and IN_MEMORY setting
1. Does BlockCache cache the data when do PUT request, so next time
GET/SCAN request against the same data will be served from Memory only?
2. If HBase Table ColumnFamily have *IN_MEMORY=true*, and every time I do
PUT  followed immediately with a GET/SCAN against the same data, assume I
have memory larger than the specific table, is that this way I can make
sure the whole table is in memory and all read requests against this table
will be served from memory only?
3. How can I determine whether a GET served from Disk Reading or Memory?
4. Compared to Item 2 above against "Prefetch Option for Blockcache", which
one is best for read performance?

The purpose I try to achieve is best and stable read performance even when
have high HDFS IO like re-balance when new servers added. we want the
performance could be comparable against memory solution like Redis.

Thanks
Proust

--

地址: 上海市浦东新区金科路2889弄长泰广场C座7楼
Address: 7th floor, No#3, Jinke road 2889, Pudong district, Shanghai, China.