hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What way to improve MTTR other than DLR(distributed log replay)
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:01:16 GMT
Here was the thread discussing DLR:

http://search-hadoop.com/m/YGbbOxBK2n4ES12&subj=Re+DISCUSS+retiring+current+DLR+code

> On Oct 17, 2016, at 4:15 AM, allanwin <allanwin@163.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, All
>  DLR can improve MTTR dramatically, but since it have many bugs like HBASE-13567, HBASE-12743,
HBASE-13535, HBASE-14729(any more I'don't know?), it was proved unreliable, and has been deprecated
almost in all branches now.

> My question is, is there any other way other than DLR to improve MTTR? 'Cause If a big
cluster crashes, It takes a long time to bring regions online, not to mention it will create
huge pressure on the IOs.

> To tell the truth, I still want DLR back, if the community don't have any plan to bring
back DLR, I may want to figure out the problems in DLR and make it working and reliable, Any
suggests for that?