hbase-user mailing list archives

From 陆巍 <luwei...@163.com>
Subject Scan Performance Decreases Over Time
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 09:04:03 GMT
Hi All,

I met with a problem where the scan perfoamance decreases over time.
Hbase connections are kept in a data access service (in tomcat), and there are table scan
operations. The scan performance for each scan batch(~10 parallel scan) increases as below:
day    avg. cost(ms)
1    56.213115
2    43.697054
3    36.925063
4    50.683257
5    62.749022
6    84.943314
7    92.237783
8    94.452549
9    103.853937
10    114.725657
11    128.601287

The time cost for each remote scan batch is now over 100ms.
In order to make sure Hbase cluster is fine, I started another same data access service, but
find the time cost is around 30ms. So, I think hbase cluster is fine and the problem is in
the data access service, which is the client of hbase.

I do believe there is some resource missed to release, but really have no idea where it is.
I am using hbase 1.0.0-chd5.5.1.

Here is the code:
// the connection is created as a static instance:
connection=ConnectionFactory.createConnection(getConfiguration())
// scan logic for each remote call
try {
  Table table = connection.getTable(tableName);
  rs = table.getScanner(scan);
} finally {
  rs.close();
  table.close();