hbase-user mailing list archives

From spats <spatil.sud...@gmail.com>
Subject Best way to disable & enable HBASE replication
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 03:18:10 GMT
If we have to stop hbase replication and re enable after sometime, which one
is better way to do
1. stop_replication, later enable by running start_replication and copy
missing data for that duration using copyTable command.
2. disable_peer("1") , later enable_peer("1")

2nd option looks better as we don't have to copy missing data manually &
data gets replicated automatically when we enable peer. But i see warning
here
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-5-x/topics/cdh_bdr_hbase_replication.html#topic_20_11_5

"If you disable replication, and then later decide to enable it again, you
must manually remove the old replication data from ZooKeeper by deleting the
contents of the replication queue", don't understand statement clearly. Is
it really required to delete znode?

I would like to go ahead with option 2, is there any risk? deleting znode is
mandatory in that case?

Thanks in advance