hbase-user mailing list archives

From <Ian.Malo...@tdameritrade.com>
Subject HBase config files on multinode cluster
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:38:58 GMT
Hi,

I’ve been working on a storm topology. Our cluster is setup with storm bolts running on
separate nodes from Hbase nodes. The configs are setup right now, so they match the services
running on the node. Is this a best practice or should /etc/habse/conf/* exist on all nodes
regardless?

The problem is that the storm bolt is looking for that file to pickup it’s zookeeper configs
and others and they aren’t there. Configuration objects aren’t serializable, so we’re
resorting to cherry picking properties from hbase-site.xml and serializing them off to the
bolt.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian