hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manjeet Singh <manjeet.chand...@gmail.com>
Subject Query regarding pre-split Major compaction
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 06:24:26 GMT
Hi All

I have some basic question can anyone help me out

Q1. this is my understanding To perform splitting  I need to create table
like below
create 'test_table','c1', SPLITS=>['#", '!', '$'']

and I have to design row key in this way
#_123456789
!_123456789
$_123456789

so my data distributed on cluster

My requirement is very simple I want to equally distributed data on regions
as per my rowkey only

So please correct me if I am missing any thing?

Q2 If i have 5 regions on my each region server and I give 100 MB space by
using  hbase.hregion.max.filesize property

what will happen when my all regions fill with 100 MB data
Please note I have cron job secluded on every weekend and my Incoming data
rate is 6-7 Gb /Hour. so my region get filled very fast

Thanks
Manjeet

--
luv all