hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase config files on multinode cluster
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:51:39 GMT
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:38 AM, <Ian.Maloney@tdameritrade.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve been working on a storm topology. Our cluster is setup with storm
> bolts running on separate nodes from Hbase nodes. The configs are setup
> right now, so they match the services running on the node. Is this a best
> practice or should /etc/habse/conf/* exist on all nodes regardless?

What is your deploy system like? Easy shipping config crafted by node
character/role/profile?

> The problem is that the storm bolt is looking for that file to pickup it’s
> zookeeper configs and others and they aren’t there. Configuration objects
> aren’t serializable, so we’re resorting to cherry picking properties from
> hbase-site.xml and serializing them off to the bolt.

Serialize? (Sorry, not up on Storm config system -- a pointer would help).
The bolt has an hbase client in it I suppose. How hard to add
hbase-site.xml to the bolt CLASSPATH? How hard to bundle the config ... an
hbase-site.xml ... into the bolt)?

Thanks,
St.Ack