hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drop the support of jdk7 at a future 1.x release
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 04:33:26 GMT
Our compatibility guidelines do not allow dropping support for a Java version in a minor or
patch release by introducing code that won't link with the older runtime: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning

See the Dependency Compatibility section in particular.

An upgrade of HBase will not require an incompatible upgrade of a dependent project, including
the Java runtime.