hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Chernov, Arseny" <Arseny.Cher...@emc.com>
Subject [from EMC Isilon] -- pls. review "Why HBase on EMC Isilon" post
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 08:52:08 GMT
Dear colleagues at User@HBase ,

I really value your time and thank you for attention. I understand that, without context setting,
my mail carries a substantial risk to trigger a huge off-top. This is not my intention at
all.

So, brief context is: we at EMC Isilon see strong uptake of HBase in mid-market and enterprise
datacenters, where sustained practices of ITIL, compliance, legacy architectures and cost
control , -- oftentimes are not correlating well with true “Big Table” web-scale concepts
of this brilliant database. We see emergence of small, order of 100-s of TB-s, virtualised
HBase deployments, in different pockets of enterprise, as well.

I humbly ask you to review and share your feedback (1x1 or in this forum) your PoV-s on “Why
HBase on Isilon” blogpost that I’ve just published:

Why HBase on EMC Isilon – Top 5 Reasons http://bit.ly/2bSmKgc

I’m very keen to learn more from this respected community, as well as possibly answer your
questions about EMC Isilon and share (to extent of what could be shared) what we see.

--
Arseny Chernov
陈毅誠