hbase-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject CopyTable fails on copying between two secured clusters
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 17:32:08 GMT
I couldn’t manage to get the CopyTable to work between two secured clusters and hope someone
can shed some light.

I have a table created on both clusters, and I am running the CopyTable command from the source

The parameters are the following:
"--peer.adr=zookeeper1, zookeeper2:2181:/hbase",

I have ensured that the user has all permissions on both tables. When I run it, I got:

java.io.IOException: Failed to get cluster ID

               at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.token.TokenUtil.getAuthToken(TokenUtil.java:365)
               at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.token.TokenUtil.addTokenForJob(TokenUtil.java:327)

Debugging into it, I found that it is trying to get the clusterId from my target cluster using
address of zookeeper1/2, and the code below returns null:

        ZKUtil.getData(watcher, watcher.clusterIdZNode);

Any hints please?

Access the Q2 2016 Digital Marketing Report for a fresh set of trends and benchmarks in digital

Download our latest report titled “The Case for Change: Exploring the Myths of Customer-Centric
Transformation” <http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-08-04/4b9p7c>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.