hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Noland, McDonald" <MDonald.Nol...@bsci.com>
Subject HBase Replication - Specific Tables To Different Clusters
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:41:39 GMT
Good day,

Hope this message finds everyone well.  We are working on some requirements around HBase replication
and wanted to verify our understanding.

We understand that we can replicate a source HBase cluster to multiple destination clusters
by setting up peers and then setting the tables needing to be replicated.   E.g.

cluster1 --> table1,table2,table3 --> cluster2,cluster3

However, we wanted to verify it's not possible to replicate specific tables to specific peers.
E.g.

cluster1 --> table1,table2 --> cluster2
cluster1 --> table3 --> cluster3

We are walking through some requirements where this has been mentioned and wanted to make
sure we're understanding that's it not currently possible to do the latter configuration.

Thanks in advance.