hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sterfield <sterfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase + OpenTSDB POC setup ...
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 14:27:56 GMT
Hi,

I went through this few weeks ago, and I'm afraid it'll be a bit long to
have a POC running, considering that you'll have to build an HDFS cluster,
then Hbase (potentially with a dedicated ZK cluster), then OpenTSDB.

If you want to go through the quickest path, then start an EMR cluster on
AWS, and add OPENTSDB, using a bootstrap action (there's one from AWS that
installs Opentsdb on EMR).

The biggest issue with this approach is that it'll not teach you HDFS,
Hbase, zookeeper and such. So IMHO, you'll have to swallow the
documentation, no matter what.

Also, EMR is not free.

It'll not be fast nor easy, but it'll be an interesting journey, I promise
:) I'll share some links when I'll get back on my computer.