hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some questions about hbase pre-split
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 23:05:18 GMT
For #1, please take a look at split.rb :

Split entire table or pass a region to split individual region.  With the
second parameter, you can specify an explicit split key for the region.
Examples:
    split 'tableName'
    split 'namespace:tableName'
    split 'regionName' # format: 'tableName,startKey,id'
    split 'tableName', 'splitKey'
    split 'regionName', 'splitKey'

For #2, hbase will redistribute the data (of parent region into daughter
regions).

Cheers