hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: What's the regionserver'UI port?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 18:51:46 GMT
Guofeng,

That port is automatically configured by the start up scripts when using
localhost in the conf/regionservers file. What it does it to take the
default ports for hbase.regionserver.port (16200)
and hbase.regionserver.info.port (16300) and increase that by one:

see bin/local-regionservers.sh:

run_regionserver () {
  DN=$2
  export HBASE_IDENT_STRING="$USER-$DN"
  HBASE_REGIONSERVER_ARGS="\
    -D hbase.regionserver.port=`expr 16200 + $DN` \
    -D hbase.regionserver.info.port=`expr 16300 + $DN`"
  "$bin"/hbase-daemon.sh  --config "${HBASE_CONF_DIR}" $1 regionserver
$HBASE_REGIONSERVER_ARGS
}

If you want to use the default port numbers you can start each process
manually (not using the start-hbase.sh script) or use a hostname instead of
localhost in the conf/regionservers file.

esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.