hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nkechi Achara <nkach...@googlemail.com>
Subject Is setting the start and endrow inclusive of the keys provided
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 07:43:35 GMT

If i set a start and stop row in a Scan will this retrieve the inclusive
records for the start row and the end row or will it be exclusive in some

I ask as I am attempting to perform a scan in the following fashion:

new Scan(Bytes.toBytes(startRow),Bytes.toBytes(endrow) )

and when |I pick this up from hbase via spark on hbase I am finding that i
am losing a record where the key should be picked up, but it is not.

So I would like to know if the parameters for start and end row are
exclusive, and if there are how can i ensure they are, is there any way to
make it exclusive?