hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manjeet Singh <manjeet.chand...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase Heap Size problem and Native API response is slow
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:26:50 GMT
Hi All

I am using wide table approach where I have might have more  1,00,0000
column qualifier

I am getting problem as below
Heap size problem by using scan on shell , as a solution I increase java
heap size by using cloudera manager to 4 GB

second I have below Native API code It took very long time to process can
any one help me on same?

public static ArrayList<String> getColumnQualifyerByPrefixScan(String
rowKey, String prefix) {

ArrayList<String> list = null;
try {

FilterList filterList = new FilterList(FilterList.Operator.MUST_PASS_ALL);
Filter filterB = new QualifierFilter(CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL,
new BinaryPrefixComparator(Bytes.toBytes(prefix)));
filterList.addFilter(filterB);

list = new ArrayList<String>();

Get get1 = new Get(rowKey.getBytes());
get1.setFilter(filterList);
Result rs1 = hTable.get(get1);
int i = 0;
for (KeyValue kv : rs1.raw()) {
list.add(new String(kv.getQualifier()) + " ");
}
} catch (Exception e) {
//System.out.println(e.getMessage());

}