hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject ReWAS:HBASE-14963 Error: VALIDATION ERROR: From line 1, column 15 to line 1, column 22: Table 'students' not found
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 01:36:25 GMT
Thanks Aditya:

I omitted that step from what I pasted here but yeah, for all attempts, I
am first doing a  'use hbase', and it makes no difference for me. I run
into the second part of my question where I hit the incompatibility in
guavas (the complaint about Stopwatch, addressed by HBASE-14963
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-14963> in the coming HBase
1.3). Out of the box, drill 0.7 does not seem to work with hbase (for me at
least):

kalashnikov:apache-drill-1.7.0 stack$ ./bin/drill-embedded
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=512M; support was removed in 8.0
com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.createStarted()Lcom/google/common/base/Stopwatch;
apache drill 1.7.0
"json ain't no thang"
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local>

How are you trying it if you don't mind me asking?

If I recompile drill and point at a 1.3 (SNAPSHOT) of hbase with HBASE-14963
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-14963>,  all works:

kalashnikov:apache-drill-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT stack$ ./bin/drill-embedded
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=512M; support was removed in 8.0
Aug 02, 2016 6:24:05 PM org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler
initialize
INFO: Initiating Jersey application, version Jersey: 2.8 2014-04-29
01:25:26...
apache drill 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT
"just drill it"
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> !tables
+------------+---------------------+-------------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------------------------+-----------------+
| TABLE_CAT  |     TABLE_SCHEM     | TABLE_NAME  | TABLE_TYPE  | REMARKS  |
TYPE_CAT  | TYPE_SCHEM  | TYPE_NAME  | SELF_REFERENCING_COL_NAME  |
REF_GENERATION  |
+------------+---------------------+-------------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------------------------+-----------------+
| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | CATALOGS    | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | COLUMNS     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | SCHEMATA    | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | TABLES      | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | INFORMATION_SCHEMA  | VIEWS       | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | hbase               | clicks      | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | hbase               | students    | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | boot        | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | drillbits   | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | memory      | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | options     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | threads     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

| DRILL      | sys                 | version     | TABLE       |          |
          |             |            |                            |

+------------+---------------------+-------------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------+------------+----------------------------+-----------------+
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> use hbase;
+-------+------------------------------------+
|  ok   |              summary               |
+-------+------------------------------------+
| true  | Default schema changed to [hbase]  |
+-------+------------------------------------+
1 row selected (0.154 seconds)
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select * from students;
+--------------+----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|   row_key    |       account        |
 address                                   |
+--------------+----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| [B@4f1fabe5  | {"name":"QWxpY2U="}  |
{"state":"Q0E=","street":"MTIzIEJhbGxtZXIgQXY=","zipcode":"MTIzNDU="}      |
| [B@321d3e08  | {"name":"Qm9i"}      |
{"state":"Q0E=","street":"MSBJbmZpbml0ZSBMb29w","zipcode":"MTIzNDU="}      |
| [B@1c55db35  | {"name":"RnJhbms="}  |
{"state":"Q0E=","street":"NDM1IFdhbGtlciBDdA==","zipcode":"MTIzNDU="}      |
| [B@5a1bd78c  | {"name":"TWFyeQ=="}  |
{"state":"Q0E=","street":"NTYgU291dGhlcm4gUGt3eQ==","zipcode":"MTIzNDU="}  |
4 rows selected (0.312 seconds)

St.Ack