hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dima Spivak <dspi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Heap Size problem and Native API response is slow
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:57:17 GMT
Can you give us more specifics about what kind of performance you're
expecting, Manjeet, and what kind of performance you're actually seeing?
Also, how big is your cluster (i.e. number of nodes, amount of RAM/CPU per
node)? It's also important realize that performance can be impacted by the
write patterns of the data you're trying to query; if compactions haven't
occurred at the time that you try to do your reads, HBase may have to go to
disk repeatedly to access HFiles, even when only accessing columns within
one row.

--
-Dima