hbase-user mailing list archives

From 吴国泉wgq <wgq...@qunar.com>
Subject If hbase can trigger minor-compaction when it is doing major-compaction?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 09:14:43 GMT
Hi ALL:

        Today I met  a problem, There is a very large table in the hbase cluster, And this
table never ran a major-compaction and I trigger a major-compaction.

        The major-compaction will take a very very long time, meantime, this table is still
being writing.

        The number of the Hfile is increasing, After a period of time, the writing is blocked
because some region have too many Hfiles.

        I wonder If hbase can trigger minor-compaction when it is doing major-compaction?

        If cannot, How can I solve this problem.