hbase-user mailing list archives

From Afshin Moazami <Afshin.Moaz...@guavus.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.8.0 released
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:55:14 GMT
I am wondering why many of these interesting features are not listed in official release notes.

On Aug 12, 2016, at 1:25 PM, Ankit Singhal <ankit@apache.org<mailto:ankit@apache.org>>

Apache Phoenix enables OLTP and operational analytics for Hadoop through SQL support and integration
with other projects in the ecosystem such as Spark, HBase, Pig, Flume, MapReduce and Hive.

We're pleased to announce our 4.8.0 release which includes:
- Local Index improvements[1]
- Integration with hive[2]
- Namespace mapping support[3]
- VIEW enhancements[4]
- Offset support for paged queries[5]
- 130+ Bugs resolved[6]
- HBase v1.2 is also supported ( with continued support for v1.1, v1.0 & v0.98)
- Many performance enhancements(related to StatsCache, distinct, Serial query with Stats etc)[6]

The release is available in source or binary form here [7].

The Apache Phoenix Team

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1734
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2743
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1311