hbase-user mailing list archives

From daunnc <dau...@gmail.com>
Subject Multirange Scan performance
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:29:01 GMT
Hi HBase users. I'm using HBase with Spark;
What I am trying to do is to perform a multirange scan, first of all tried
to use MultiRowRangeFilter for setting up scanner ranges and
TableInputFormat, but it looks like this solution scans all rows in a table?
What is such filter use case then?

The next step was just to use separate scanners, and MultiTableInputFormat
to read data, it helped and works indeed faster, and i guess this solution
not walks through the whole table.

Is MultiTableInputFormat a kind of an optimal solution in this case? How
usually such situations (multirange scans) handled (exmpl: Accumulo API has
setRanges function to set ranges for InputFormat)?