hbase-user mailing list archives

From maychau <phuong.c...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject HBase replication on secured clusters
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 18:34:24 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to write a Scala application to test HBase replication on secured
(Kerberized) clusters. I'm using Cloudera CDH5.5.2 version. My keytab is
hbase user. The program did pickup the keytab and is able to log in with it
based on INFO message, however I'm getting error "KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth
for /hbase/replication/peers". Does anyone know why it is not able to access
that znode using hbase keytab even though I believe it should be able to as
that work through hbase zkcli shell client.

  def main(args: Array[String]) {
   val conf = HBaseConfiguration.create()

   val keytab = "path_to_hbase.keytab"
   val principle = "<actual_hbase_principle_here>"
   System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config",
"path_to_jaas.conf_file");

   UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(conf)
   UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromKeytab(principle, keytab)

  val connection = ConnectionFactory.createConnection(conf)

  //FAILED HERE WHEN TRYING TO CONNECT TO ZK TO GET CHILDREN NODE
  val replAdmin = new ReplicationAdmin(conf)
 }

[main] INFO org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation - Login
successful for user <KEYTABUSER> using keytab file <path_to_hbase.keytab>

[main-EventThread] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - EventThread shut
down
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error initializing the
replication admin client.
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.replication.ReplicationAdmin.<init>(ReplicationAdmin.java:151)
	at com.thomsonreuters.bigdata.HbaseTest$.main(HbaseTest.scala:201)
	at com.thomsonreuters.bigdata.HbaseTest.main(HbaseTest.scala)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.ReplicationException: Error
getting the list of peer clusters.
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.ReplicationPeersZKImpl.addExistingPeers(ReplicationPeersZKImpl.java:361)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.ReplicationPeersZKImpl.init(ReplicationPeersZKImpl.java:104)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.replication.ReplicationAdmin.<init>(ReplicationAdmin.java:132)
	... 2 more
Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException:
KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for /hbase/replication/peers
	at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:113)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1472)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper.getChildren(RecoverableZooKeeper.java:296)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.listChildrenNoWatch(ZKUtil.java:575)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.ReplicationPeersZKImpl.addExistingPeers(ReplicationPeersZKImpl.java:359)
	... 4 more

Thank you