hbase-user mailing list archives

From Saad Mufti <saad.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Replication Affect Write Performance On The Main Cluster
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2016 00:01:42 GMT

Don't have anything conclusive but I have seen some correlation where in
very high write rate situation, the write rate can increase when major
compaction or some other high CPU/network activity (for example we run some
Spark jobs on our replica HBase cluster) stops happening on the replica
cluster. Basically looks like the rate is lower when the replica cluster is
busy with some other activity.

I wanted to know if this totally anecdotal evidence is something I should
look into or whether it is something well known in the community.

Thanks in advance for any pointer or advice for someone relatively new to