hbase-user mailing list archives

From 陆巍 <luwei...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Poor performance of table Increment
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 14:59:30 GMT
The performance of batch(Increment) was poor, which is why I do the test.

I use spark stream to process data per one second (for about 50 records) and use HBase for
aggregations (sum, max, min etc). All the spark executors are running on the same machines
as the RegionServers, so the network env is fine.
In the hbase caller, there are Put, CheckAndPut, and Increment operations. Put and Increment
are called thru Table.batch(...).
Put and CheckAndPut cost less was around 50ms, but Increment costs around 1 minute.

At 2016-07-09 22:34:05, larsh@apache.org wrote:
>Note that you're doing single RPCs for each Increment. You should batch them (see HTable.batch(...))
>
>What version of HBase? What's the ping time between the client and server machines?Is
Nagle's disables (tcpnodelay set to true)? Otherwise each RPC will take at least 45 ms.

>Lastly you'll likely hit the same server for every request in a microbenchmark like this.
>
>You are also not actually incrementing anything since each one is a new row (I realize
this is just a test),so to test whether this is related to Increment, can you replace the
Increment by Put and see how long that takes?