hbase-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject RE: Re:is possible to create multiple TableSplit per region?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 16:32:12 GMT
Thanks for the prompt reply, Lu.

It is true that having a smaller region file size can solve the problem. But it also have
side effects. For example, total number of regions can be easily doubled/tripled, and I am
already facing a challenge of having too many regions per server. So I cannot go to that route.

From: 陆巍 [mailto:luwei114@163.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11:24 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org; Frank Luo <jluo@merkleinc.com>
Subject: Re:is possible to create multiple TableSplit per region?

here is an archived mail: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/201303.mbox/%3CBLU0-SMTP19115A8967869D6CF0D49EF8FD70@phx.gbl%3E

At 2016-07-13 23:20:28, "Frank Luo" <jluo@merkleinc.com<mailto:jluo@merkleinc.com>>
wrote:

>We have mapper only jobs operating on a result of a Scan. Because of heavy work downstream,
the mapper runs fairly slowly. So I am wondering if there is a way to create multiple TableSplit
on one region hence multiple mappers can be created to work on different piece of date on
the region.

>I am aware of MultithreadedTableMapper class, which could be my solution, but I hesitate
to use it as my code is not thread safe.

Marketing”<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-04-26/3lbfd1>

>This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended
recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose,
copy or distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions
to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own
virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be
confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.