hbase-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject is possible to create multiple TableSplit per region?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:20:28 GMT
We have mapper only jobs operating on a result of a Scan. Because of heavy work downstream,
the mapper runs fairly slowly. So I am wondering if there is a way to create multiple TableSplit
on one region hence multiple mappers can be created to work on different piece of date on
the region.

I am aware of MultithreadedTableMapper class, which could be my solution, but I hesitate to
use it as my code is not thread safe.

So any suggestions, or code to share?

Download the latest installment of our annual Marketing Imperatives, “Winning with People-Based
Marketing”<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-04-26/3lbfd1>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.