hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling stripe compaction without disabling table
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 19:26:42 GMT
Have you seen the doc at the top
of ./hbase-shell/src/main/ruby/shell/commands/alter.rb ?

Alter a table. If the "hbase.online.schema.update.enable" property is set to
false, then the table must be disabled (see help 'disable'). If the
"hbase.online.schema.update.enable" property is set to true, tables can be
altered without disabling them first. Altering enabled tables has caused
problems
in the past, so use caution and test it before using in production.

FYI

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudreault@hubspot.com