hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bin Wang <binwang...@gmail.com>
Subject Built in REST API only gave me one column qualifier
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:22:45 GMT
Hi there,

I started the built-in REST API server for HBase and I am planning to
retrieve the complete column family for a given row using the URL format
here
<https://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/rest/package-summary.html#operation_cell_query_single>,
also the guide book here <https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_gets>.

The URL for HBase get should follow this format:

And it says "the column qualifier and column timestamp is optional", so I
simply make a request like this, hoping to get the complete column family
for that specific row (with all the column qualifiers under that cf).

The weird thing is that it only gave me back one single column qualifier
and looks like the oldest column qualifier, can anyone tell me if that is
how is supposed to be or I did something wrong.

How can I get the complete column family for that row given that I only
know the column family and row key?

This is the HBase REST API version:

rest 0.0.3 [JVM: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_72-25.72-b15] [OS: Linux
2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64 amd64] [Server: jetty/6.1.26.cloudera.4]
[Jersey: 1.9]

Best regards,

Bin