hbase-user mailing list archives

From Krishna <research...@gmail.com>
Subject DeleteColumn in KeyValue
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 04:09:19 GMT
Hi,

I am testing the behaviour of KeyValue using DeleteColumn when applied via
the bulkloading process. When I do this, I still see NULL value for "cq"
where I expected it have "new-value". What's the correct approach to ensure
"cq" keeps the value inserted after performing delete?

context.write(key, new KeyValue(key.get(), "cf".getBytes(),
"cq".getBytes(), HConstants.LATEST_TIMESTAMP, KeyValue.Type.DeleteColumn));

context.write(key, new KeyValue(key.get(), "cf".getBytes(),
"cq".getBytes(), HConstants.LATEST_TIMESTAMP, "new-value".getBytes()));