hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ellis, Tom (Financial Markets IT)" <Tom.El...@LloydsBanking.com.INVALID>
Subject Writing visibility labels with HFileOutputFormat2
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 10:06:06 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible/how to write Visibility Labels to an HFileOutputFormat2?
I believe Visibility Labels are just implemented as Tags, but with the normal way of writing
them with Mutation#setCellVisibility these are formally written as Tags to the cells during
the VisibilityController coprocessor as we need to assert the expression is valid for the
labels configured.

How can we add visibility labels to cells if we have a job that creates an HFile with HFileOutputFormat2
which is then subsequently loaded using LoadIncrementalHFiles?

Cheers,

Tom Ellis
Consultant Developer - Excelian
Data Lake | Financial Markets IT
LLOYDS BANK COMMERCIAL BANKING
________________________________

E: Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com<mailto:Tom.Ellis@LloydsBanking.com>
Website: www.lloydsbankcommercial.com<http://www.lloydsbankcommercial.com/>
, , ,
Reduce printing. Lloyds Banking Group is helping to build the low carbon economy.
Corporate Responsibility Report: www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads<http://www.lloydsbankinggroup-cr.com/downloads>

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland
no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street,
London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of
Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no.
SC327000. Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett
Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428. Telephone: 0345 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is a division
of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may contain privileged
material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it
(including any attachments) immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any
of the information in it or any attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.