hbase-user mailing list archives

From WangYQ <wangyongqiang0...@163.com>
Subject maybe waste on blockCache
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 08:21:40 GMT
in hbase 0.98.10, if we use LruBlockCache, and set regionServer's max heap to 10G
in default:
the size of in_memory priority of LruBlockCache is :
10G * 0.4 * 0.25 = 1G

0.4: hfile.block.cache.size
0.25: hbase.lru.blockcache.memory.percentage

if we do not set any user tables IN_MEMORY to true, then the whole hbase just need to cache
hbase:meta data to in_memory LruBlockCache.
hbase:meta does not split , so just need one regionServer to cache, so there is some waste
in blockCache

i think the regionServer open hbase:meta need to set  in_memory LruBlockCache to a certain
size
other regionServer set hbase.lru.blockcache.memory.percentage to 0, do not need to allocate
 in_memory LruBlockCache.